How to Find a Qualified Audiologist

The Health Professions Act (HPA) (PDF) requires that all audiologists be registered with ACSLPA and hold a valid practice permit in order to provide professional services in Alberta.

Verifying Registration

When looking for a professional to assist with hearing or balance problems, ensure that the person is a “Registered Audiologist” or “R.Aud”. This can be easily confirmed using the Verify Registration feature on this website. The General Register is updated every business day to reflect the roster of Registered Audiologists who hold a valid practice permit in Alberta.

Finding an Audiologist

A person may be referred to an audiologist by their physician or find one on their own. A referral is not necessary to see a registered audiologist.

  • Contact HEALTH Link Alberta - Health Advice 24/7
    8-1-1 or visit:
  • Speak with a teacher or other school board representative.
  • Look for a registered audiologist. Check the Yellow Pages or Canpages for listings under 'Audiologist'.