Alberta Health would like to introduce the Medical Device Reprocessing e-learning Course for personnel who reprocess (clean and sterilize) reusable medical devices in community healthcare settings. This e-learning course is an offering from the “Collaborate to Achieve” partnership between Alberta Health and Canadian Standards Association (CSA) to develop training and educational resources for medical device reprocessing in community healthcare settings. To date, we have offered two successful full-day educational forums, a reprocessing user handbook (for purchase through CSA) and this e-learning course.
The course consists of four modules. Learners can choose the module that best suits their specific practice needs and areas of expertise.
The modules include:
1. Reprocessing Medical Devices in Community Health Care Settings (core module)
2. Core module plus Dental Devices
3. Core module plus Foot Care Devices
4. Core module plus Endoscopes
Topics covered in the core module include:
• Transmission of Infections
• Infection Prevention and Control in Medical Device Reprocessing
• Standards, Guidelines and Organizations that Impact Reprocessing Practices
• General Requirements for MDR Personnel and Work Areas
• Choosing the Correct Reprocessing Methods
• Cleaning and Decontamination
• Disinfection of Medical Devices
• Sterilization of Medical Devices
• Monitoring the Sterilization Process
• Medical Device Traceability and Recalls
The online training course allows learners to work at their own pace and includes a variety of online lessons with audio and visual material as well as reference documents, ready-to-use templates and online self-assessment quizzes. Learners will receive a Record of Completion at the end of the course.
The regular cost of the course is $249 and will be offered at a special price of $199 for one year.
You can find detailed information on the course and register using the link below:
Medical Device Reprocessing in Community Settings E-learning Course - http://tinyurl.com/onwm4lc